Rifò wants to create a line of quality clothing and accessories produced entirely in and around Prato (Italy) with 100% regenerated and regenerable fibres. In fact, the name Rifò in Italian means to remake, because they 'remake' a traditional craft that was disappearing in recent years. The choice of the name also represents the way of speaking of the craftsmen who invented, more than one hundred years ago, the method of regenerating old garments to produce a new yarn: the so-called 'Cenciaioli'.
- They transform old garments into a new fibre to give them a new value.
- They love to bring ancient textile craft traditions to life.
- Every product is made in Prato (Italy) less than 30 km away. Producing in this way at 'km 0' enhances the territory and limits fuel consumption.
- They hope for a return to emotions, to give value to clothes as they once did.
- The fibres they give new life to are the precious CASHMERE, creating jumpers, cardigans, scarves and hats for women and men.
- For the summer, on the other hand, they have set up a regeneration chain of used JEANS, with which they create jumpers, pullovers, sweatshirts and trousers, and with old pure cotton garments they create colourful scarves, shawls and towels.