G.O.T.S. (Global Organic Textile Standard) is used primarily for biological textiles and for those that are a mixture of hemp and organic cotton.
The production facilities certified by GOTS provide the best ecological and social conditions in the production sites.
The certificate guarantees compliance with the following principles:
- Cotton is transformed from controlled biological cultivation
- Only textiles that do not contain pollutants are used
- Voluntary work (no forced labor, ILO 29 & 105 conventions)
- The freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- No discrimination (ILO Conventions 100 and 111)
- No child labor (ILO Convention 138)
- A minimum wage and average wage fixing agreement of 20% higher than the average wage.
- Working hours are not excessive and respect precise conventions.
- Human, safe and hygienic working conditions.